An Intriguing Organization
BioEndeavor is a non-profit organization that seeks to understand and enable models of open innovation including open source innovation across the life sciences. Through its research, training, and consulting services programs, BioEndeavor brings together stakeholders from the life sciences to design and promote novel models of collaboration in emerging and bottom of the pyramid markets. Biopharma innovation capacity development at the bottom of the pyramid is a significant goal for BioEndeavor—in partnership with public and private organizations, as well as NGOs.
There are several complexities driving open innovation-including open source innovation in the life sciences including:
- knowledge complexities—with knowledge exhibiting high complementarity and high applicability across domains;
- technological complexities associated with interdependencies between technologies, the need for sophisticated equipment, as well as the scope and scale of research;
- and commercialization complexities associated with technology transfer and product development.
Network participants can:
- Join BioEndeavor in the below research projects.
- Share their own research projects and papers via the BioEndeavor portal.
- Share case studies on open innovation in the life sciences.
- Meet to discuss issues surrounding open innovation via BioEndeavor and partner events.
- Add to the open innovation directory to document past and current examples of open innovation initiatives