Research, discovery and innovation in Canadian Universities
- Universities are a $30-billion enterprise.
- Universities undertake $10 billion worth of research activities.
- About 55 to 60 percent of research performed by universities is externally funded.
- The federal government is the largest external funder of university research, providing $3 billion annually for the direct costs of research, institutional costs of research, infrastructure and salary support.
- The university sector is the second largest performer of research in Canada after the private sector.
- Federal funding of the institutional costs of research for Canada’s universities averages 23.3%, while U.S., U.K., Australia provide 40% to 60%.
Click here for more information from the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada.
Entry filed under: Treasure from Deep Diving the Biotechnology Web. Tags: Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada.